Online Voter Registration Application
Welcome to the Online Voter Registration System for the City of New York
Saturday, September 2, 2023 is the deadline for the Board of Elections to receive a voter’s request to register to vote for the September 12, 2023 special election. Any voter registration via the Online Voter Registration portal must be completed by Saturday, September 2, 2023 in order to be eligible to vote in the special election.
Who can use this application
- This application is intended for New York City residents only.
- If you live in New York State but not in New York City, you must use the New York State Board of Elections website to register to vote or update your voter information.
- If you have a valid New York State Driver's License, Permit or Non-Driver ID, you may use the New York State DMV's Electronic Voter Registration Application to register to vote or update your voter information.
What you can do with this application
- Register to vote for the first time
- Change the name or address on your voter registration
- Become a member of a political party
- Change your party membership
To register, you must
- Be a US citizen
- Be 18 years old by the end of this year (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18)
- Not be in prison for a felony conviction
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
- Not be found to be incompetent by a court